Wednesday 29 August 2012

Child and Youth Care in South Africa: 5 questions .. thoughts for talk 12

1. In interviews with candidates for staffing, I always ask these two questions....What was the unhappiest moment in your life?
ANSWER: almost always the same....  the death of _(a relative)_______ ( almost always through AIDS related diseases)
What was your happiest moment in your life?
ANSWER: almost always the same.... when I gave birth to my first born._____( almost always a teenage/schoolgirl pregnancy)
WHY?

2.  I was elected onto the South African Professional Board for Child and Youth Care Work in February 2012. I was notifies as such in April 2012. The Board has not yet met.. end of August 2012
WHY?

3.  I have never yet spoken to a young person in trouble with the law and awaiting trial who has said "I did it" . They always say..... "But I didn't do it !!"
WHY?

4.  Young persons and children living in the streets always say it is preferable to being at home.
WHY?

5. Many child and youth care workers in this country are being called by a job title that is different from the name given to the profession.
WHY?


              

No comments:

Post a Comment